Wednesday 10 December 2014

Sideways Down

I'm doing it. It's like being the new kid in school: you want people to like you but you know you're so late to the party that it's going to be nearly impossible. There are so many people already there that you're just another tiny voice among a cacophony of words. Will I be bullied? Will you take my lunch money and kick me to the ground? Will I cry to my mother and get fed fries and hot chocolate to make myself feel better?

Probably. Definitely, actually. Though I might make the hot chocolate for myself before any of that happens. Mmm.

I'm posting these book reviews over on Goodreads, but you never know what might happen in the future with sites owned by large corporations. So, I figured it would be a good idea to start my own blog (incidentally, owned by one of the largest corporations in the world, what a gas). Either way, this allows me to vent some non-literature steam, but also put down my reviews of books, too. Surely that's a win-win, right?

I'm seeing this as a parallel to Goodreads, but more than likely a step down as I'll also be posting shit about shit -- a kind of sideways down movement. Is that a good thing? Who knows? I generally think any sort of change is a good thing (except maybe the destruction of the planet; that much change is a little too permanent), so I'm going to go with this for the time-being and see how we get on.

Can't be we friends, you and I? If nothing else, it might be a little bit fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment